Minnesota Governor Shelter-in-Place Order: Albert Lea Seed is Essential Service
Albert Lea Seed is Open!
Minnesota Governor Walz issued a Stay-at-Home order to combat the spread of the Covid-19 virus. The Governor’s Executive Order takes effect Saturday, March 28, 2020, and will last for two weeks.
The Order does exempt the Food and Agriculture industries as essential services, which means farmers will be able to pick up their seed orders from Albert Lea Seed even after March 28. Albert Lea Seed is taking operational precautions to keep our customers and staff healthy, so our customers will notice that things will work a little differently this year.
- Call to Order: We are encouraging our customers to call us at 800-352-5247 to place your orders. We can then ship your seed directly to you, or you can come pick it up at Albert Lea Seed.
- Order Pick Up – Call Before You Leave: Farmers, please call us at 800-352-5247 before you visit our Albert Lea location. We want to make sure we’re ready to fulfill your order by the time you arrive.
- Pick-up Options: Farmers have three options: 1). after parking, you may enter the sales floor through the door on the south side of the building (adjacent to the greenhouse); 2). if you prefer not to enter the store, please call us again at 800-352-5247 from the parking lot, and we will coordinate loading with you; 3). We can also ship your seed directly to your farm for $90-$120 pallet throughout the 5-state area (call for a quote).
- Garden Center Products: Our Garden Center is open for phone orders and for curb-side pickup and direct shipment of pre-ordered items; however, the Garden Center is not open for in-store retail shopping.
- Personal Hygiene Practices: Unfortunately, we won’t be shaking hands with our customers this season in order to limit the potential spread of the Covid-19 virus. This is a hard habit to break, and we hope this situation passes quickly thanks to the sacrifices we all make now.
We honestly believe that farmers are always providing an essential service to the world, and we thank you for your continued hard work. Please take care of yourselves and your families. Like you, we look forward to getting back to business as usual, with many a hearty handshake in the near future.