WinterMax CC3 Cover Crop Mix
WINTER HARDY & SOIL BENEFITS
Our most winter-hardy blend combines the hardiness and aggressiveness of winter rye, the N-fixation potential of hairy vetch, and the deep soil penetration of radishes with a small touch of camelina.
- Winter-hardy species for excellent biomass and soil coverage in fall & spring
- Plant after small grains, vegetables, corn silage, or early soybeans
- Can be planted after grain corn or soybeans but hairy vetch/radish growth will be minimal
- Winter rye, hairy vetch and camelina in this diverse blend reliably winter over in Upper Midwest
- Inoculate with: Exceed Pea/Vetch
Planting Date: Aug. 1 – Oct. 1
Seeding: 50-75 lbs/acre at 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 in. deep. Drill, broadcast or aerial apply.
$11.90 – $44.00
Our cover crop mixes for grazing are a combination of nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.
Have you used this product? Let us know what you think.