In-Store Sales Agronomist
Effective 10/26/2021: Albert Lea Seed is accepting applications for an In-Store Sales Agronomist. Work primarily at our Albert Lea location in-person and on the phone helping farmers make the best agronomic decisions for the way they want to farm. We support all farmers, small and large, conventional and organic, with hundreds of seed products. If working in a fast-paced environment that supports a sustainable and diverse agriculture appeals to you, please apply!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In-Store and Over-the-phone Sales and Agronomy
- Greet walk-in customers and answer questions, place orders and process payments.
- Be familiar with our products to assist customers in seed selection for their farm
- Organic and conventional seed
- Viking brand corn, soybeans and alfalfa
- Cover crops and small grains
- Grasses, grazing and pasture mixes
- Lawn seed, conservation reserve seed, and wildlife food plot seed
- Advise on crop, soil, insect, and disease management topics.
- Answer phone calls and process orders to ship or for future pickup.
- Become fluent in computer software and phone system.
- Provide additional customer support: scale-in and receive bulk load shipments, complete product licensing agreements, arrange shipment, provide necessary documentation for customer’s organic certification.
- Work in-store for training, during annual conference, and at other key times
- Attend weekly sales and office team meetings
- Provide clear and effective communication between customers, other sales associates and warehouse staff.
- Infrequent on-farm visits as requested by customers.
- Attend 3 to 5 events per year.
- Attend field days (mainly in IA, MN, WI).
- University or county events .
- Conferences (such as MOSES, MN Org. Conference, IA Organic Conference, Midwest Cover Crops Council).
Education, Credentials and Experience
- Two years of agronomy or farm experience preferred; along with familiarity with farm seed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, accurate keyboarding and general office equipment familiarity.
- Strong organization and communications skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance and 50+ pounds with assistance.
- Bending, twisting and reaching conducive to both an office and warehouse environment.
To express interest, send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org