Viking 10-60TW Brand Grain Sorghum
White Food Grade - Untreated
- Early Maturity; 58-62 days to mid-bloom
- Broad range of adaptability; can move from the southern US and north to South Dakota and across central Minnesota and Wisconsin, and can move from the east to west across the US
- Potential double crop in southern US
- Excellent sugar cane aphid and anthracnose resistance; adaptable to the southeast US
- Premium food grade hybrid with best-in class yield from a dedicated food grade breeding program
- Won the 2022 National Sorghum Producers Yield Contest – 156 bushels in Appanoose, Iowa Food Grade Class
- Versatile end-use potential to serve the human consumption market
- This is a licensed product. It requires that the farmer report to us all food-grade grain sales
$165.00 / 50lb Bag
Best Use: Human food market, livestock feed, food source and bedding habitat for wildlife.
Adaptation: Cool temperatures limit feed grain production for livestock in the Upper Midwest. Prefers slightly warmer temps than corn.
Management: Requires nitrogen fertility (up to 150 lbs N per year). Manage potential for prussic acid & nitrate build-up.
Planting Date: Late May to early July (soil at 62°F+)
Seeding: Drill 5-15 lbs/acre ½” to 1½” deep. Use high end of rate for broadcasting.
Click here to learn more about Alternative Forage Crops. by Dr. Dan Undersander, Forage Agronomist at the University of Wisconsin.