Bee Lawn Seed Mixture
- Help reverse the trend of bee decline by planting this seed for bees with a mix of fine-fescue grasses and flowers. Flowers will provide high quality nutrition for bees and other pollinators.
- Critical for much of our food supply, pollinators are in decline due to habitat loss and pesticide use. Adding habitat to our neighborhoods can make a large impact.
- Can be treated much like a regular lawn. Mow at least 3” high and refrain from mowing when flowers are blooming. Mowing is optional, and flowers will bloom more profusely if left unmown or infrequently mown.
- Do not use herbicide; control weeds by hand weeding.
- White clover in these bee friendly seeds fixes atmospheric nitrogen, reducing the need for nitrogen fertilizer.
- Self-heal (purple flower in photos) may not flower until the second year after seeding
Seed 150lbs/acre (or 4lbs/1000 sq. ft).
Overseeding existing lawn:
mow as short as possible, aerate or disturb the soil with a shovel or rake, and spread seed.
$45.00 - $375.00
Lawn Seed Mixtures for the Homestead
The secret to establishing a new lawn faster?
Variety and quality. Our seed mixtures include improved varieties with better drought resistance, earlier spring green-up, vibrant green color, and overall better lawn health. No annual species, clay coatings, noxious weeds, or fillers – just pure, quality seed for a greener yard.
MIXTURE SEEDING RATE
Broadcast or drill 150-250 lbs per acre (4-7 lbs per 1,000 sq ft). Use heavier rate for quicker establishment and fill. Use lower rates if drilling seed.
Overseed at 75-175 lbs per acre (2-4 lbs per 1,000 sq ft). Use lower rates if drilling seed.