Bouteloua dactyloides (Nutt.)
- Important component of the shortgrass and mixed-grass prairies
- Grows 4 to 6 inches tall
- Thrives in moderate to low rainfall areas (15 to 30 inches annually) and tolerates alkaline soils
- Larval host for the green skipper butterfly and a variety of native grasshoppers
- Turf: Low-maintenance turf option for low-traffic areas
- Erosion Control: Forms a dense sod that impedes soil erosion. Develops fine roots that penetrate soil 4 to 6 feet deep.
- Grazing: Good option for range-grazing livestock (but should not be grazed first season)
Pure Stand Seeding Rate PLS lbs / acre: 30.0
PLS=Pure Live Seed
$37.50 / Pure Live Seed Pound
Our native grass and wildflower species come from Midwest growers and are adapted to the Upper Midwest. We meet all state and federal seed laws, and we do not sell seed contaminated with palmer amaranth. Native grasses and forbs are priced by Pure Live Seed (PLS) per lb. Visit www.alseed.com for full descriptions of our native species and mixtures.