Corn Builder CC12 Cover Crop Mix
LEGUME BLEND PRECEEDING CORN
Three small-seeded legumes with excellent N fixing capabilities.
- Alfalfa and berseem clover will likely winterkill in upper Midwest: Red clover should over winter
- Best nitrogen contribution for a following corn crop if allowed to grow undisturbed following small grain harvest
- Potential for high quality hay cutting in seeding year plus enough regrowth for fall/spring plowdown. Potential for two cuttings if small grains harvested for hay
- Harvesting for forage crop without enough time/moisture for adequate regrowth will limit nitrogen benefit for following crops
- Weather conditions will impact growth rate and height of underseeding mix; don’t delay small grain harvest as alfalfa and berseem clover will continue to grow up into plant canopy
Planting Date: Spring-seeded with small grain
Seeding: 12-15 lbs/acre drilled at 1/4” to 3/8” deep.
$24.50 - $170.00
Our cover crop mixes for grazing are a combination of nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.