Organic CultivationMax CC8 Cover Crop Mix
Get Into Corn
Shade-tolerant blend of organic cover crop species specially formulated for seeding at last cultivation in corn (V4-V6 stage).
- Small-seeded mix for companion planting with corn at last cultivation
- Emerges and stays semi-dormant until corn dies back in fall
- Not recommended for interseeding into soybeans, as canopy is shady; best suited for medium- to heavy-textured soils; will likely struggle on sandy soils without irrigation
- Best establishment achieved when drilled or incorporated vs broadcast
- Small-seeded legumes are pre-inoculated
Planting Date: June 1 – July 5, V4-V6/last cultivation will depend on planting date and corn maturity
Seeding: 12-15 lbs/acre at ¼” to ½” deep. Time with rain at seeding. Drill or broadcast.
$20.50 – $130.00
Our cover crop mixes for grazing are a combination of nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.
Have you used this product? Let us know what you think.