Exceed BMR Hybrid Pearl Millet
- Brown Mid-Rib (BMR) for improved feed intake, higher digestibility, and more milk or meat
- Dwarfing gene increases leaf to stem ratio and standability
- Premium choice grazing cows and calves or finished steers and heifers. Often the highest palatability of all warm season forages in feeding trials.
- Excellent drought tolerance and disease resistance
- 60-65 days to maturity, 5-6 feet tall at heading
Management: Begin grazing Exceed BMR pearl millet at 24 – 30”. Can graze down to 6 inches if you then allow time for regrowth. Leaving 6” of stubble results in rapid recovery after cutting or grazing.
Planting Date: Mid-May – early July (soil 62°F+)
Seeding: ½”-1”deep. Drill @ 15-20 lbs./acre. Broadcast @ 25-30 lbs./acre.
$105.00 / 50lb Bag
Millets are some of the oldest of cultivated crops harvested for food or feed. The crop is favored due to its productivity and short growing season under dry, high-temperature conditions.
- Japanese Millet
- Hybrid Pearl Millet
- BMR Hybrid Pearl Millet
Minimal regrowth that may be direct grazed.
- Foxtail Millet
- Proso Millet
Click here to learn more about Alternative Forage Crops. by Dr. Dan Undersander, Forage Agronomist at the University of Wisconsin.