Organic Annual Ryegrass
- Rapid growing with an extensive root system that builds soil structure and holds soil in place
- Single year forage production, or as green manure plowdown seeded in fall
- Well adapted to heavier soil types
- Heads out in early to mid-summer; usually winterkills in northern zones
- Economical choice for cover-cropping
- Variety Not Stated
$15.50 – $80.00
|Species Name||Drilled||Broadcast/Aerial||In Mix||Approx. Seeds/lb||Seeding Date Range||Seeding Depth||Winter Kill|
|Organic Annual Ryegrass||15-20||25-30||4-5||227,000||Mar-May, Aug-Sept||¼ - ½|
|Organic Viking 210 Brand BMR Sorghum-Sudangrass|
|Organic Viking 225 Brand BMR Sorghum-Sudangrass|
|Organic Japanese Millet||25-35||35-50||5-15||145,000||Late May-July||½ - 1 inch||Yes|
|Organic Winter Rye||50-100||120-150||25-75||18,000||Aug-Nov||½ - ¾ inch||No|
|Organic Cover Crop Brand Oats|
DOWNLOAD RYEGRASS AGRONOMICS & RESOURCES (PDF)
Establishes very rapidly, giving you higher productivity in the planting season. Capable of producing forage yields in a very short period of time. Has good cold tolerance.
Single year forage production, or as green manure plowdown seeded in the fall.
Well adapted to heavier soil types. Management: Heads out in early to midsummer. Usually winterkills in northern zones.
30 lbs/acre alone or 10-15 lbs/ acre to beef up existing pastures
Have you used this product? Let us know what you think.