MN Clearwater Kernza
- First commercially-viable, perennial grain seed, released by UMN in partnership with The Land Institute
- Larger seed size and seed retention than typical perennial intermediate wheatgrass varieties. Good lodging resistance
- Extensive, deep root system and perennial growth recycles nutrients, sequesters carbon and aids in water infiltration
- Typically produces grain for 2 years with yield drop-off thereafter
- Grower must have license from The Land Institute to purchase and plant Kernza grain. No exceptions.
- Visit kernza.com/growers for more information
$11.00 / pls lb