MN Clearwater Kernza
- First commercially-viable, perennial grain seed, released by U of MN in partnership with The Land Institute
- Larger seed size and seed retention than typical perennial intermediate wheatgrass varieties; good lodging resistance
- Extensive, deep root system and perennial growth recycles nutrients, sequesters carbon and aids in water infiltration
- Typically produces grain for 2 years with yield drop-off thereafter
- Grower must have license from The Land Institute to purchase and plant Kernza grain. No exceptions.
- Apply for licensing here
- See resources section for more information
$11.00 / pls lb
Planting: 10-15 lbs/acre (~12 lbs/acre PLS) from Aug. 15 – Spet.1. Seed 1/2″ deep using a brillion or drill
Have you used this product? Let us know what you think.