Organic Ruby Red Brand Red Clover
HIGH YIELDS, RAPID RECOVERY
- Highest yielding red clover we sell!
- 1st Place in 2018 Pennsylvania State varietal trial with a total of 7.73 ton per acre in three cuts
- Excellent persistence and disease resistance
- Fast drying and high forage quality
- Fast establishment and rapid recovery after cutting
- Inoculated and coated with Nitro Coat (OMRI-listed)
$26.50 – $225.00
Red clover establishes easily and rapidly but isn’t as drought-tolerant or winter-hardy as alfalfa.
Pasture, haylage, dry hay or cover crop
Red clover grows on wet and low pH soils that won’t support alfalfa. Better adapted to heavier soils.
Pasture & Hay
- Difficult to dry as hay but improved varieties (Ruby Red, Freedom) dry down faster
- Can cause livestock bloat when heavy stands are grazed
February – May, July 15 – August 30. Can be frost-seeded.
8-12 lbs/acre straight; 2-5 lbs/acre in a mix. Drill or broadcast and roll. Plant ¼” to ½” deep.
- Medium red clovers recover after being cut unlike mammoth red clover
- Don’t cut after September 1 in the seeding year to allow for overwintering
- Graze or cut for hay when 25% – 50% of the red clover stand blooms
- Leave at least 2″ growth after each harvest
To view trial data for Organic Ruby Red Clover, visit our trial data page and select the “Other Forages” tab.