Teff Grass (OMRI-coated)
HIGHEST QUALITY TEFF GRASS SEED FOR SALE WITH EXCELLENT PALATABILITY
- Fine stem and fast drydown make it one of the best warm-season annual choices for dry hay
- Attractive green color important for premium horse hay market
- Adaptable to most soil types with few disease and pest problems
- Can interseed into thin alfalfa stands
- Mineral content high in calcium and iron
- OMRI-approved coating (approved for organic production)
Best Use: Fast growing emergency forage crop and for double cropping. Teff is the ideal hay for horses, cattle, and other livestock.
Management: Needs at least 50 lbs N, adequate P and K and sulfur. Harvest in pre-boot to early boot stage about 45-50 days after planting. Leave 3-4 inches when cutting or grazing.
Planting Date: Late May to late July (soil 62°F+)
Seeding: Seed 8-12 lbs coated seed/acre or 3-5 lbs/acre raw seed ⅛” to ¼” deep into extremely firm seed bed. Roll after seeding.
$125.00 / 50 lb bag
Click here to learn more about Alternative Forage Crops. by Dr. Dan Undersander, Forage Agronomist at the University of Wisconsin.