Bonus Teff Grass
- Fine-stemmed, warm-season, multi-cut annual forage
- Best fit for dry hay production; grazing animals can uproot plants, particularly in dry conditions
- One of the best performing teff grasses across various university trials; exceeding the yields of Tiffany
- Adaptable to most soil type
- Mineral content high in calcium and iron
Best Use: Fast growing forage crop for all classes of livestock. Attractive green color for premium horse hay market.
Management: Needs at least 50 lbs/acre N, and adequate P and K. Harvest in pre-boot to early boot stage about 45- 50 days after planting. Leave 3-4 inches when cutting.
Planting Date: Late May to late July (soil 62°F+)
Seeding: Seed 8-12 lbs coated seed/acre ⅛” to ¼” deep into extremely firm seed bed.
$115.00 / 50 lb bag
Click here to learn more about Alternative Forage Crops. by Dr. Dan Undersander, Forage Agronomist at the University of Wisconsin.
Have you used this product? Let us know what you think.