ValueMax CC2 Cover Crop Mix
HIGH DIVERSITY & HIGH SEEDS PER POUND
Diverse combination of small-seeded cover crops to build healthy soils, fix nitrogen, and sequester nutrients.
- Annual ryegrass adds biomass and weed competition; crimson clover fixes N; radish breaks up compacted soil; rape establishes quickly for soil protection
- Can establish under shade and canopy with adequate moisture
- Suitable for grazing in the fall
- Not a good fit after full season grain corn or soybeans due to short remaining growing season
- Will likely winterkill in the Upper Midwest
Last cultivation; Aug. 1 – Sept. 15
15-20 lbs. /acre at 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 in. deep. Drill, broadcast, or aerial apply into standing crops in the fall or for seeding at V6 in corn. Later seeding will reduce clover and brassica growth.
$15.10 - $76.00
Our cover crop mixes for grazing are a combination of nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.