BrassicaMax CC4 Cover Crop Mix
PREMIUM FALL GRAZING MIX
Economical mixture of improved brassica species designed for high-quality fall grazing, weed competition and soil building. Highly digestible & nutrient-rich blend provides leaves & bulbs that cattle, sheep & other grazing animals can utilize well into the fall & early winter.
- Each species in mix selected for high forage yield and digestibility
- High seeds/lb and low cost make this an excellent choice for fall forage
- Excellent fit after hayfield termination, small grains, sweet corn or silage corn
- Seed with 1.5 bu oats/A or 1 bu/A acres spring barley or wheat for even more tonnage. Succeeds on small grain ground where you can expect volunteer growth.
- Introduce grazing animals to heavy brassica stands slowly to avoid feeding issues or fill them up on dry hay first before grazing
Aug. 1 – Sept. 15
5-6 lbs/acre drilled or 8-9 lbs/acre broadcast or aerially. Seed ¼” to ½” deep
$21.50 – $140.00
Our cover crop mixes for grazing are a combination of nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.
- 30% Forage Kale
- 20% Barkant Turnip
Have you used this product? Let us know what you think.