Buck Forage Oats
Buck Forage Oats are the world’s greatest, most winter tolerant oats ever developed. This is food plot seed of the highest quality, and is hand-picked by Dr. James C. Kroll from his private forage preference trials for white-tailed deer.
- World class winter tolerance
- Will likely winter kill in the upper Midwest, but has longer staygreen than spring oats – stays green through hunting season!
- High nutrient values, including 18% minimum protein
- Excellent palatability and digestible energy
- Buck Forage Oats for deer are the most preferred food plot for fall and winter attraction
- This Buck Forage Oats seed for sale is easy to plant and maintain
- Deer will find and eat these through snow cover
Seeding Date: Late Summer/ Early Fall
Seeding Depth: ½” to 1½”
Rate per Acre: Broadcast seed or drill 100-120 pounds per acre. No till drilling is highly recommended.
– Disc or till ground to produce a soft seed bed.
– If broadcast, re-disc the plot with the disc blades 4 inches deep for best results. If drilled, consult drill maker setting and set seed 2 inches deep in the soil.
– Fertilize and lime according to soil test recommendations prior to planting. With no soil test, apply 150 pounds of 19-19-19 fertilizer as a pre-plant application or top dress after planting.
$38.00 / 50lb Bag