Organic Austrian Winter Peas
- Viney, fall-seeded, winter annual legume excellent for use as cover crop or forage crop
- Can produce up to 1-2 tons dry matter/acre and fix 90-150 lbs. N/acre
- High quality forage with a protein content of 14% to 20%
- Not reliably winter hardy in MN/WI/SD, plant early in the season with a nurse crop to ensure best chance of survival
- Requires inoculant for proper nodulation for nitrogen fixation
$56.00 * 50lb Bag
Viney, cool-season annual legume. Pea residue breaks down quickly.
Excellent forage quality for livestock, silage, or cover crop/plow down. Can produce up to 2-4 tons DM/acre.
Prefers cool weather and well-drained soils. Does not tolerate acidic soils. Inoculate before planting. Can withstand colder autumn temperatures than field peas.
Not reliably winter hardy in Upper Midwest.
March – April or Aug – Sept. If spring seeding, seed as early as possible.
50-100 lbs/acre drilled. 1-2” deep.