Rox Orange Cane Forage Sorghum
SILAGE, SYRUP, OR GRAZING
- Sweet forage sorghum seed for sale
- Medium, early-maturing forage sorghum developed for sweet syrup. Sugar content of 18-20%.
- Can reach 8’ to 12’ tall for high silage tonnage
- Similar appearance to corn, except seed head is on top.
- Can be interplanted with silage corn.
- Often used in wildlife food plots for screening or cover
Best Use: Good choice for silage, syrup production, and grazing. Rox Orange Cane sweet sorghum seed can be harvested for feed.
Adaptation: Drought tolerant and likes hot weather.
Management: Manage potential for prussic acid and nitrate build-up.
Planting Date: Late May to early July (soil 62°F+)
Seeding: Row plant, drill, or broadcast 10-20 lbs/acre 1” deep
$80.00 / 50lb Bag
Click here to learn more about Alternative Forage Crops. by Dr. Dan Undersander, Forage Agronomist at the University of Wisconsin.