Organic 4010 Field Peas
- Leafy, speckled forage specific pea
- Significantly more biomass than DS Admiral
- Good annual legume option for early spring and fall cover cropping
- Excellent forage quality for grazing or cut forage in the fall or spring
- Best companion seeded with a small grain for optimum tonnage
- Peas need to be drilled or planted not broadcast
- Requires inoculant for proper nodulation for nitrogen fixation
$37.00 / 50lb Bag
out of stock
Planted early, field peas grow tall and leafy, and are tolerant to frost & drought.
Can be pastured and harvested for silage, hay, or grain.
Avoid wet ground. Prefers cool weather. Reduce planting rates when using as a cover crop for perennial forages. Inoculate before planting. Plant peas deep! (1.5″ to 3″ deep)
One-cut/graze crop; allow growth for maximum forage yield. Must be swathed for optimum grain yield.
March – April or Aug 1 – Sept 15. If spring seeding, seed as early as possible.
50-75 lbs/acre along with 75-100 lbs/acre of small grain for forage or 150-200 lbs/acre alone for grain.